AlphaTech Counsel, S.C.
P.O. Box 259870
Madison, WI 53725
Telephone: (608) 205-4704
Facsimile: (608) 237-8760
Macy Stoneback is a senior paralegal for AlphaTech Counsel, S.C. Macy has over 20 years’ paralegal experience in business, securities, real estate, and trademark law. For the four years before joining AlphaTech, she served on the legal team of a medical device company through its initial public offering. Prior to that position, she worked for nine years in the Madison office of a large Wisconsin law firm. Her paralegal career started at a Chicago suburban firm in 1994.
Representative Experience and Current Focus with Entrepreneurs and Emerging Companies
- Business Transactions: Draft term sheets, transaction documents, and checklists for bridge loans, equity financings, mergers, acquisitions, and other transactions; prepare documents for entity conversions; conduct factual and legal research; prepare pro forma capitalization tables; assist with strategic analysis; organize company materials electronically for due diligence review; prepare securities filings; and organize and maintain coordinate closings
- General Corporate: Prepare incorporation documents; prepare board and shareholder meeting minutes and consents; and organize and maintain electronic corporate records
- Equity Administration: Draft equity incentive plans, warrants, stock option agreements, and restricted stock agreements; process stock issuances and transfers; and prepare equity ledgers
- Technology Utilization: Code documents into automation software for efficient drafting; circulate documents via e-signature technology; organize and share documents in cloud-based platforms; and prepare electronic stock ownership statements in lieu of certificates
- Community Involvement: Actively network in the business community; blog on legal topics; and volunteer with and support multiple organizations.
Recent Articles and Blog Posts
- Roosevelt University (post-baccalaureate paralegal certificate, with honors)
- Northern Illinois University (B.M., music performance, summa cum laude)
Awards and Honors
- Unsung Heroes Award Honoree, Wisconsin Law Journal, Fall 2009
- Dean’s Award Winner, Northern Illinois University